Mentors can help you unpack, unlock, uncover and unshackle your potential. When dealing with mentors there are a few things you must understand.
1. You don’t need their time or attention; not initially. You need their knowledge, wisdom, insight, understanding, approach and technique.
2. Study what they have already written, spoken, demonstrated or accomplished on as many topics and levels as possible.
3. Consider their weaknesses along with their strengths. If you see them as perfect people with no deficiencies or weaknesses to overcome, you will miss the beauty of their journey and cheat yourself by thinking you are worse off than they are.
4. When you do get a chance to be in their presence, don’t waste time. Know what you want to ask.
Don’t talk much. LISTEN! Be prepared. Handle yourself in such a way that they will have a pleasant experience with you.
5. Imitate until you discover your own identity but never idolize. Your mentor is a person (just like you) who has learned to effectively use what GOD has given to him or her.
Subscribe to Hart Ramsey’s UPLIFT – daily text messages that elevate, inspire and encourage the masses. Text UPLIFT to 46786.