One question I get all the time is this:
How do you balance life as a wife, mom, pastor, entrepreneur, author, leader of an international ministry, daughter, sister, friend? Where do you find time to write books when I can’t even get my thoughts right?
And this is my answer with the keys to help you enjoy your purpose
1. It’s all by the grace of God. It has not been an easy journey and I realized through the process that I had to figure out what was working in my life and what was not working. Once I did that, I began a process of elimination.
2. I had to figure out how to manage my time so I would not run myself ragged. I haven’t perfected things yet but I have the One who makes everything perfect on my side so I know that I will definitely get to where I ought to be.
3. I made up my mind that I was going to live and enjoy this blessed life. I told myself,
I am not the first woman to be a mother and run businesses and I won’t be the last. So if many have done it before and are successful, I can do it too. They have one head just like me. They are human just like me. So, there must be a way.
[bctt tweet=”I made the decision to make my life easier by staying in my lane.”]
In my quest to figure things out, I saw that every problem has a solution and sometimes we just have to stop everything and truly see the solution staring at us in the face!
[bctt tweet=”When we try to run this human race faster than we ought to, we burn out and blame other people for our misery. “]
One notable change was identifying the time of day I work best. If you are like me, I prefer to write during quiet times. I have seen that my best and thought-provoking writing happens late at night. I knew my kids schedule with school runs and all, so I would go to bed a bit later than usual. This helped me do what I needed to do for me.
Another change I made was to wake up a bit earlier to start off my day while the house was still asleep. Yes, you will lose some sleep. Yes, you will feel like you are always putting yourself last, you have two hands yet everyone expects you to have ten. I know [and if you ask many moms, they know too].
The truth is this: as a mom, you have a responsibility to take care of your children and be the best mom you can be. The children are gifts from God and since He has chosen you as the vessel to bring them forth, nurture them and take care of them, you must fulfill that purpose. However, you have your life too and you have to take care of yourself so you can do your job well. So, let’s solve this problem now and get you back to being you.
If you are feeling overwhelmed right now, don’t panic. Do this quickly:
- Figure out what works best for you. Take a moment and write down what is working for you and what isn’t working.
- Then, cross out the items on the list that aren’t working AND you know you can definitely do without.
- The remaining items in your list that are somewhat working but very stressful indeed, find a way to make things easier for you.
Need a little push, empowerment and to be surrounded by others? Sign up for iEmancipateME Conference.
Question: Which other ways have you identified in your life that have made things easier for you? Please share so we can gain some knowledge.
Image courtesy of bigstockphoto
Belinda is a Global Privacy and Cybersecurity Consultant, Corporate Trainer, Writer, and International Speaker with a unique blend of law and technology expertise. In addition, she is a digital entrepreneur, ordained pastor, mentor to women ready to impact their generation. She is the host of Destiny Chats podcast and lives in New York with her family. For consultation , click here