When people meet you, they often ask “What do you do?” If you are a multi-passionate entrepreneur or multipotentialite with many titles, it can be difficult to explain what you do.
This is why it is imperative that you practice writing your assignment one-liner. Assignment one-liner? Brand message? What does that mean?
It is one short sentence that describes exactly what you do, the audience you serve and solution you provide. If you are a speaker, it is included in your introduction so that the audience easily understands what you do.
If you do not master the art of defining your message and identifying your avatar, you will experience potential clients contacting you, booking appointments only to discover that you are not a good fit.
Do you have that kind of time to waste? No, I don’t think so.
3 Questions That Define Your brand message:
- Identify the WHO, that is your audience.
- Know THE PROBLEM you solve for that audience.
- What is THE BENEFIT of your help? Which pain does your help alleviate for your audience by working with you?
Be sure that your answer to these questions are contained in one short sentence.
If you create a long sentence, your audience may be confused. Yes, I know you do many things but you can add them in your back story.
Let’s Recap with Branding Reminders
- Define your audience. If you want to capture the right people, being generic will not help.
- Can a first grader or elementary school kid understand what you do?
- If you create a generic audience, for example, “I help people from everywhere,” you will not be taken seriously. Broad explanations will not bring your ideal client. You don’t want time wasters booking appointments to speak to you for anything.
- Identify your “super power.” That is, what are you known for that is so great?
I bet this popular scenario describes you too!
In the video, I share a popular question people often ask me. For example, you have multiple gifts and talents, you love to do many things, you start them and do not necessarily finish, your professional background is quite diverse with skills totally unrelated. Folks don’t seem to take you seriously. Right?
Belinda Enoma is a Data Privacy and Security Consultant and Privacy Awareness Corporate Trainer with a unique combination of law and tech expertise. She is a global speaker, digital business builder, author, ordained pastor, conference host and mentor to women who desire to impact their generation. For bookings, click here