Nearly every day I meet people who are dissatisfied with their current situation and the monologue is usually like this:
- I can’t do this anymore. I need to find something else to do.
- I’m fed up.
- I want to start my own business.
- I’ve been in this job for too long. I need a change.
- I’m thinking of changing careers.
- I’m not getting any younger and I don’t know how long I can continue here.
- My kids are all grown up now. I need to find something to do but who will employ me? How do I fill in the gap of being a stay-at-home mom?
- I wake up most mornings with the feeling that the day will be bad and nothing good will come out of it.
Everyone has a gift from God that must be used.
If you want a change, then you have to get up and get going. Move. Do something. How will you know if you don’t start? You have to use your talent to make money.
With the not-so-promising economy, people in dire straits and seemingly hopeless situations, it’s time to take a look inward and ask yourself these questions:
What am I naturally good at? What do people say I do very well that I haven’t really given a second thought? What would I do for free (without being paid)? What can I ‘do in my sleep’ – what’s very easy for me to do that’s hard for others?
There’s a big difference between what you are good at and what you would like to do.
When you are good at something, it comes naturally. You don’t have to struggle to get it done. You don’t have to lose your mind to do it.
When it’s something you would like to do, chances are that you are going to need some good learning to succeed. It doesn’t mean that if you’re gifted, mistakes won’t happen but you have to try anyhow.
So, what is your gift? What’s very easy for you to do that’s hard for someone else? You may just be sitting on a gold mine.
[arrows style=”arrow-red-2.png” align=”center”]
Belinda is a Global Privacy and Cybersecurity Consultant, Corporate Trainer, Writer, and International Speaker with a unique blend of law and technology expertise. In addition, she is a digital entrepreneur, ordained pastor, mentor to women ready to impact their generation. She is the host of Destiny Chats podcast and lives in New York with her family. For consultation , click here