In these times, nobody should be complacent. It is imperative that your team knows why they should be on high alert. These questions will help you prepare to transfer the data privacy and security knowledge for implementation.
- Who has access to specific programs?
- Which measure of accountability is being used?
- How do you screen and trust that access to specific data is controlled by a reliable source?
- How often is corporate training given about BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), information sharing and consequences of carelessness?
- How often are vulnerability tests done?
- What have you learned from previous hacks?
- Which measures are in operation to ensure cyber intrusion does not happen to computer systems or network?
- Bloggers, website owners: when was the last time you logged into your hosting account?
While you are at it, don’t forget your corporate website!
*Contact your website administrator now or log into your hosting account and go to your cpanel.
Take a look at domain folders and check to make sure there isn’t any strange domain folder present.
Hosting providers [shared or dedicated hosting] are obligated to make sure hosting accounts are secure. For more reading about hosting providers and security, click here.
Image: Courtesy of frs
Belinda Enoma is a Data Privacy and Security Consultant and Privacy Awareness Corporate Trainer with a unique combination of law and tech expertise. She is a global speaker, digital business builder, author, ordained pastor, conference host and mentor to women who desire to impact their generation. For bookings, click here