Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
You have heard of that idiom, right? This post is really about why you should not use only social media for your business, ministry or passion.
Do you know that even though social media platforms are free, your rented space can be snatched from under your feet at any moment.
Some folks have seen Facebook groups with thousands of members disappear. Some have experienced tares sown on their “once-upon-a-time fruitful but borrowed” social media space.
This is one major reason why I always say, no matter what you hear, GET A WEBSITE.
Diversify your platforms. Do not put all your posts, pictures, inspirational images, messages or videos on one platform.
How Should You Use Social Media and What Should You Do Next?
- If you often do Facebook Live, then save your videos to your desktop and upload them to YouTube too.
- Once upon a time, one of my Facebook Live videos vanished for no reason. It was available for viewing but later disappeared for no reason whatsoever and it is difficult to find a way to get through to Facebook support. That experience made me decide to start saving my videos.
- Repurpose your content – You can reuse that long post you made on Facebook and turn it to a blog post on your website or as a guest post somewhere or even make it an ebook. This is one of the strategies I teach mentees in my mentorship program.
- Direct people to your website often so you can collect information from your audience [with their permission]. One way to do this is to embed opt-in forms on your website.
- I hope you have a website. If you have one, when you make status updates on social media[don’t over do this one though], add a link to your website so your followers who love to hear from you can connect with you and you can build a relationship with them too.
- Take action. Do what you have just read. Don’t let all your hard work go down the drain.
Now, how will you get that website built? It’s easy. Contact my team at The Website Branch to help you get started or to enhance what you have already.
Belinda Enoma is a renowned international speaker, Cyber Privacy and Security Consultant focusing on US-EU laws. She is a digital influencer, business builder, author, ordained pastor, host of iEmancipateMe Global Conferences and mentor to women who desire to impact their generation. For bookings, click here